BBIM Membership Benefits • Eligibility Requirements • How to Apply • Contact for Application
BBIM Benefit Summary
- Internet Exposure - Listing on this BBIM website - plus optional link to your independent website. Now, BBIM's Pay-Per-Click program has enhanced our web presence and makes membership even more valuable.
- Rack Card - To drive traffic to our website and your inn. printed/distributed each year.
- BBIM Advertising in major travel publications serving our markets.
- BBIM Gift Certificates good at member inns only (over $40,000 sold each year).
Savings and Discounts:
- Member discount at Annual Conference.
- Possible discounts from cooperating vendors.
Professionalism and Networking:
- E-Newsletter keeps you informed.
- Our active e-mail group shares information, opportunities and scam alerts.
- BBIM logo on your brochure and website shows you're inspected and approved, giving added assurance to your guests.
- Our Annual Conference brings in leading national figures.
- BBIM keeps you informed on legislative issues and represents the industry when Department of Health writes new rules.
- Opportunity to network with other members regionally and state-wide.
BBIM Eligibility Requirements
- A true Bed & Breakfast or Country Inn (not a motel!) from 1 to 24 rooms.
- A serious business for at least 6 consecutive months during a year.
- Have all required state, county or city licenses (state lodging license if you have 5 or more guest rooms).
- Have a Missouri Sales Tax number.
- Have business liability insurance of at least $1 million aggregate.
- Provide breakfast on-site.
- Meet safety requirements.
- Open at least 1 month since first paying guest.
- Inn is clean.
- Inn is well-maintained.
- Inn and services are accurately portrayed in brochure, on website and in advertising.
- Guest privacy is ensured.
- Hosts are friendly, hospitable & courteous.
How to Apply for BBIM Membership
1. Request a BBIM application package - (by mail from address below or download here - you can also apply on-line from that site).
2. Use the Review checklists to conduct a self inspection to make sure you meet BBIM's standards.
3. Send in the application form with the non-refundable $100 application fee (also available on-line via Paypal®) to cover the cost of inspection. When you're approved, you'll be billed for the annual dues. You'll be listed on the website as soon as you're approved and the dues are paid. Your dues are prorated based on when you are notified that you've been approved [note: the application fee is NOT applied to the dues.]
4. Accommodate our review team - both an overnight review and an independent outside review are required; they are generally done concurrently. You provide a complimentary room and breakfast to the overnight reviewer.
5. After the review, the Board will vote on your membership and you'll receive a certificate and copies of our trademarked logo to use on your brochure and website.
For a full BBIM membership package, contact:
e-mail email@example.com Or visit our resources site